Monday, May 30, 2011

In the end...


This month has been hard just because local food is expensive for simple things. One apple is one dollar as opposed to two or three apples you can get at Shop-rite. Local foods also limit the types of food you can have just because Mother Nature is not ok with every food being available to grow year round, so I had to make due with the same variety for the month, which gets old very quickly.

I used to think my mother was crazy when she went out of her way to join a CSA, grow ridicules foods in our back yard, and pay twice the amount for basically the same food. That is why I decided to research more on the impact of local foods for my senior project. And after researching this I have noticed all of the aspects of local foods, which do appeal to me very much! In the end, I have decided that my mom had a point, or I hopped on the crazy-wagon along side her.

No comments:

Post a Comment